- Purpose of position:
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services, the post holder is primarily responsible to provide effective and efficient administrative support, as needed across the work of the Western Development Commission. This work is outlined in the organisation’s five year strategy available on the WDC website (www.wdc.ie)
- Key responsibilities:
Under guidance the Clerical Officer is responsible for supporting the work across the strategic pillars of Regional Promotion, Regional Leadership and Sustainable Enterprise. These include:
- Implementation of the WDC strategic statement and attendant work plans.
- Support of various RRDF or similarly funded projects.
- In implementing the WDC’s strategic aims, you will support the implementation and development of its LookWest.ie campaign.
- Project reporting and shared procurement as necessary.
- Clerical duties in support of the WDC strategic pillars.
- Assisting with the day to day management of Lookwest.ie website and campaign (updating website, newsletters, case studies, sourcing content and relevant news from the region).
- Support the organisation of conferences, meetings, events and travel arrangements.
- Research on funding programmes/opportunities available (national and EU).
- Word-processing, database, spread sheet and filing duties.
- Compiling of regular reports.
- Circulating Press Releases.
- Responding directly to phone enquiries to the Commission.
Minimum one year administration experience in a fast paced office
- Minimum NFQ Level 6 in Office Management / Business / Arts
- Ideally completed an accredited IT skills course e.g. ECDL or other computer / office management Hands on experience in using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and can demonstrate excellent keyboard skills
- Excellent customer service skills within an administration / office environment
- Excellent communication skills in particular with proven experience of writing new content, letters and documents. Demonstrates strong professional manner in engaging with the public and colleagues.
- Excellent organisational skills, strong attention to detail and proven ability to plan and organise multiple tasks, events and schedules.
- Initiative and flexibility – demonstrates a flexible approach to work commitments while using own initiative to manage workload.
- Teamwork and has proven ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
This post is a full-time, fixed term 2 year contract, subject to project funding and a six month probationary period and all staff appointments are subject to the WDC Act.
All staff members are required to sign up to the WDC Code of Business Conduct under the code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies.
The WDC Head Office is in Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon. WDC staff are also located in Galway and Sligo. The successful candidate will be located in the Head Office in Ballaghaderreen.
The salary scale for this post will be equivalent to that of the Civil Service Clerical Officer Standard Scale:
Personal Pension Contribution (PPC) Pay Rate: The salary for this position, with effect from 1st October 2018 is as follows: €23,572, €25,114, €25,507, €26,270, €27,398, €28,523,
€29,649, €30,469, €31,553, €32,638, €33,401, €34,474, €35,540, €37,204, €38,5121, €39,1122
Please note: The starting salary for the person appointed to this post will be the first point on the above scale unless the successful application has previous reckonable public sector experience.
Please submit a cover letter and CV (of no more than four pages) detailing your experience, qualifications and any other relevant information, to Patricia Teatum, Head of Corporate Resources, WDC, Dillon House, Ballaghaderreen, Co Roscommon or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants can also apply through www.publicjobs.ie
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday, 8th August at 5.00 pm
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 20th August 2019.
The WDC is an equal opportunities employer
Canvassing will disqualify
Ba bhuntáiste é líofacht sa Ghaeilge