County Clare is a veritable natural playground for families to visit with so many spectacular things to do and see in the outdoors.
We’ve tried to compile a list of the highlights but feel free to send in your suggestions too.
Here are our Top 10 Family Things To Do in Clare
- The Cliffs of Moher. We couldn’t have a list without including one of Ireland’s most visited tourist spots with almost 1.5 million visitors in 2016. Have you done a #CliffsofMoher selfie yet? cliffsofmoher.ie
- Lahinch has it all for families; grab a 99 to walk the prom, take a dip on the golden sands of its beautiful beach or if the elements are against you head for Seaworld Leisure Centre. Kennys pub is also a Lahinch institution with stunning sea-views and great food.
- Doolin Cave & Farmland nature trail. As well as the cave the nature trail is lovely & they have rare & miniature breeds of animals. doolincave.ie
- Stonecutters Kitchen is a great family restaurant very close to Doolin Village & quite near the Moher Hill Pet Farm. It specialises in catering for families with children, kids menus, toys for them to play with & a garden playground. It has a really cute little cottage and is well worth the visit. stonecutterskitchen.com
- Take a day trip to the Aran Islands. Ferries run daily from Doolin Pier to the Aran Islands or for tours around the Cliffs of Moher. doolinferries.com
- Get your surf on; home to world-class wave Aileen’s, rookie surfers can try out the waves at a number of small beach breaks along the coast including Lahinch and beautiful Fanore beach. Try it out with Lahinch Surf School or any of the other great surf schools in Lahinch.
- Fanore Beach is a firm family favourite beach in Clare, beautiful for picnics and kite flying. It has its own natural water pools that are perfect for very young bathers.
- Take a tour of the Burren and finish with a well deserved treat at the Burren Perfumery Tea Rooms. Relax in the rose covered Tea Rooms, which serve a mouth watering selection of organic cakes, scones and pies. Homemade soups with freshly baked bread, selections of local cheeses and salads all made with organic vegetables from local suppliers accompanied by herbal teas from the garden and coffees from around the world. burrenperfumery.com
- Burren Nature Sanctuary is well worth a trip, so much to see & do there with a nice cafe too. Featured on Nationwide, it even has a fairy woodland walk which looked fun. burrensanctuary.com
- The Aillwee Cave & Bird of Prey Centre is a brilliant destination with so much more than just the caves. aillweecave.ie
Have we missed something? email@example.com