- This event has passed.
Oceans & Human Health Workshop
May 26 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
OCEAN AND HUMAN HEALTH SESSIONS Knowledge Exchange Workshop
Understanding connections between Ocean & Human Health (OHH)…
…and making them relevant to your life and work!
Who is this for?
Marine & outdoor tourism providers & educators, public health care professionals, medical professionals & engaged citizens
Are you interested in understanding the links between human health and the marine environment?
Do you run a business offering great coastal & marine activities?
What will you learn?
- Find out how coastal activities can contribute to human health and wellbeing
- Learn about practical ways of boosting your environmental stewardship
- Explore tool and take-away fun facts for Ocean Health and Citizen Science initiative
What to expect:
- How are we connected to the Ocean and why does it matter?– Welcome address by Dr. Easkey Britton, Whitaker Institute, NUIGalway
- Stories from the Sea: Flash presentations on our local and global relationships with the sea
- Triggering meaningful “blue” conversations on Ocean & Human Health with local communities and visitors through coastal & marine activities, presented by Luz Parga & Andreu Arnau | Submon
- Team up with science, team up with SOPHIE! OHH Citizen Science workshop – Learn how to record and map Ostreopsis risks to health and blue space health and wellbeing benefits
- ‘Fish Bowl’ – our panel session and Q&A with experts in marine tourism, ocean and human health
Tea/coffee and lunch provided at The Model. Please let us know if you have any dietary needs / allergies.
SOPHIE EU 2020 – a project run across the EU which is looking at seas, oceans and human health and exploring how the links between science, tourism and citizens can help protect both human health and the health of the environment.
Irish Doctors for the Environment – Set up in autumn 2018 with the vision and aim of educating clinicians and the general public on issues of “planetary health” ie the health of our planet which has either a detrimental or beneficial effect on the health of humans
Register to attend on Eventbrite here.