- This event has passed.
North Leitrim Glens 25th Hillwalking Festival 31st March-1st April 2018
March 31 - April 1
Would you like to discover the wild and beautiful Leitrim Glens? Feel the wind in your hair as you watch the mist rise and fall over the enchanting Glenade valley? Hear tales of the folkloric lake monster, named the Dobhar chú ?
Get a chance to relax and unwind in great company. Well, now’s your chance.
The good people of the Holey Soles Hill Walking Club once again are running their annual walking festival, now in its 25th year! Escape this Easter to a little piece of walking heaven!
Registration: Aghanlish Community Centre, Glenade Arroo Trail
Click here for location on google maps.
Easter Saturday; March 31st:
- Long walk: (Long Walks: Registration 9 – 9:45 am Departure: 10 am)
- Glenade Escarpment- Western Side
- Medium Walk (Medium Walks: Registration 10 – 10:45 am Departure: 11 am
- Glenade Escarpment – Western Side
Easter Sunday April 1st
- Long Walk (Long Walks: Registration 9 – 9:45 am Departure: 10 am)
- Arroo Trail, the Cliffs and Lough Aroo
- Medium Walk (Medium Walks: Registration 10 – 10:45 am Departure: 11 am)
- Arroo Trail and the Cliffs.
- The Sunday Ramble (Registration: 10:45 – 11 am Departure- 11.15 am Arroo Trail Head
Long or Medium Walk – 1 day only €15 Both days €25 Sunday Ramble €10
Fee includes: transport to & from walk location, tea, coffee & scones at registration both days. Home-made soup after Sunday walk
Saturday evening Meal €17 in Glens Centre, Manorhamilton followed by a screening of a documentary film on the route of the Nepal mules and a talk by film maker Michael Brown
For more information please click on the link below;