The Design & Crafts Council of Ireland has partnered with the Western Development Commission to deliver workshops aimed at preparing creative businesses in the Western region to make applications for the International Fair Fund.
The Interactive Export and in depth briefing on DCCoI International Fair Fund will take place in Leitrim on Tuesday 15th November; and Galway on Wednesday 16th November.
The sessions are aimed at at businesses in the Western region that are either:
- Currently exporting and wish to grow their exports
- Have exported in the past and wish to return to exporting
- Have not yet exported but would like to put a plan in place to develop export markets for their product
Please note: Businesses should preferably be currently wholesaling in Ireland (or abroad), or selling product on-line or through galleries.
The session will consist of:
- Exporting strategy and planning – the practical approach
- Routes to market – how to select the most suitable options for your business
- Overview of the Export supports available from DCCoI and WDC
- Panel discussion and Q&A
One-to-one sessions with mentors in the areas such as:
- Export planning / strategy
- Market research and picking the correct route to International markets
- Customs, freight and logistics
- Pricing for export