Westival is the newly relaunched Westport Music and Arts Festival, which runs in Westport, Co Mayo from 24-29 October.
Westival, will continue to foster the thriving local arts and music scene of Westport, but also help solidify and promote the west of Ireland as a destination for significant cultural events, that will attract international talent and attention.
Westival also brings with it a date change, formerly running in September, this year’s festival will take place from 24th – 29th October 2018 incorporating the October Bank Holiday Weekend. The change of dates will be advantageous in attracting a new wave of visitors and activity to Westport after the hectic summer season has ended and is more suitable for engagement with school and college students, enabling the festival to nurture bright budding artists in the community and beyond.
We are incredibly lucky to have a pair of passes to all of the following shows to giveaway to one lucky winner.
Daíthi & Elain Mai (Friday 26th)
Shadows of The Tain (5pm, Sat 27th)
Pat McCabe (7pm, Sat 27th)
Le Galaxie (11pm Sat 27th),
Westival 2018 Line-Up
Music: Lisa Hannigan, Le Galaxie, Gilbert O’Sullivan, Daithí + Elaine Mai, Tom Hickox
Theatre: GAA MAAAD, An Evening with Pat McCabe, Shadows of the Táin
Visual Arts: Hy Brasil Light Sculpture, Portrait of a Local, Halloween Lantern Parade, Visual Arts Trail
Family: LEGO Competition, The Salmon of Wisdom, Time Travel Tours
Literature: Six-Word Selfie, Fighting Words, Open Mic and Poetry Competition, Flash Mob Fiction
Workshops: Plein Air Paint-Out, Ukulele Workshop, Stinging Fly Seminar
You can check out the full programme of events and get tickets from the Westival website.
**Terms & Conditions
- The winner will be notified by email by Wednesday, 24 October
- Entrants must be over 18 and resident in Ireland.
- Employees/families/agents of the promoter and its associates are not eligible.
- One entry per person/per household.
- Details of the winner can be requested.
- Prize is subject to availability/may be substituted.
- No cash alternative/prize is non-refundable/non-transferable.
- The promoter accepts no liability for lost/damaged/incomplete entries.
- Proof of entry is not proof of delivery.
- The winner may need to sign a statement of eligibility/liability/publicity release.
- Third part T&Cs may apply.