Swim, hike or kite surf to work? Do you avoid traffic jams and packed trains by commuting on horseback or climbing into a canoe? Regularly get stuck in livestock traffic jams?
If your commute is out of the ordinary, we’d like to see what it looks like and hear about your experiences. Show us with your pictures or videos why living and working in the West offers an incredible quality of life.
We have a brilliant prize to give away for the best entry.
How To Enter:
- Snap a photo or video of your West of Ireland journey
- Upload a photo (or video) to social media using the #WestCommutes + #County hashtags e.g. #WestCommutes #Galway
- Tag our @LookWestie accounts in your post. (Instagram / Twitter / Facebook)
- You can also enter your photo via the form at the end of this page.
We have the most awesome bag of goodies for the best entry as chosen by the LW team and a professional photographer. All of the prizes are by businesses in the West of Ireland and are perfect for the adventurous, outdoor-loving commuter.
The Winner Will Get:
- A Seagreen Rolltop Backpack by the Atlantic Equipment Project. The Atlantic Equipment Project is a collection of backpacks, satchels and iPad cases, made in Sligo, designed with the active outdoor lifestyle in mind. Each bag is constructed using the highest quality materials, creating functional bags that will last a lifetime. atlanticequipmentproject.com
- A Laptop Sleeve by Loved & Upcycled. This innovative West of Ireland company upcycles kites, sails, wetsuits, bike-tubes and other outdoor sports gear into bags & wallets. Their goal is to protect precious materials from entering landfill one product at a time. loved-upcycled.com
- West-Strand 100% Wool Beanie: West-Strand 100% Wool Beanies are designed to keep warm and cozy on those cold days of the year. Maker Nina lives in the North-West and inspired by the cold, she creates a range of 100% Wool Products to keep warm all year around. weststrandbynina.com
- A gift package by Carrow Coffee with three bags of coffee – a Rwandan, Colombian and Brazilian. Carrow is a specialty coffee roastery that was set up in Sligo by Paola and Andrew when they returned from Colombia last year. It favours light to medium roasts that allows the bean’s intrinsic flavour to shine through. carrow.ie
- A luxury Seaweed Bath and Seaweed Shower from Sligo’s Seashore Veg. Seashoreveg is product hand picked seaweed from the Atlantic shores of The North West coast of Ireland. Seashore Veg on Facebook
We will also have some gift vouchers for lunch at the Strandhill People’s Market to give away. This special Sunday market takes place in the unique venue of Hangar 1 at Sligo Airport in Strandhill, just a few short minutes stroll from the beachfront every Sunday from 11am to 4pm. strandhillpeoplesmarket.ie
We’ll be sharing some of our favourite entries on our social channels, so stay tuned to our feed.
The competition will be open for submissions from 27 Feb– 21 Mar 2018.
Terms & Conditions:
- Entry is open to all recipients except employees of the WDC, prize promoters and their families.
- The Promoter is LookWest.ie and the Western Development Commission
- To enter the photo competition, participants must post a photo on social media using the #CommuteWest and #county hashtags (i.e. the county they’re in) and tag @lookwestie on Twitter / Instagram or post it on our Facebook page. Ideally, include a brief description of your photo. Entries must be posted or reposted from a public account during the entry period. You cannot simply “tag” an older photo/video. Those posted from private accounts and/or posted outside of the entry period will not be considered eligible.
- You may enter as many times as you wish, but each entry must be a unique photo
- All entries must be located in any of the seven counties in the Western Region; Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon, Mayo, Galway and Clare.
- The entry process is open from 28 Feb until 21 March.
- All prizes are non-transferable.
- Photos entered into the competition may be displayed on the website of LookWest.ie.