Black Friday is almost here. We know there are plenty of folks who aren’t comfortable with the materialism of this imported event. However, given the potential benefit for those small independent shops and makers who are trying to leverage it, this list is here to support them.
If you’re heading for town or shopping online this weekend, why not support the work and livelihoods of small independent shops, craftspeople, and designer-makers from across the West this Black Friday and Cyber Monday. We have picked the best of the Black Friday deals from West of Ireland online retailers.
If you have a special offer this weekend, please tag us @LookWestie and we will add you to the list.
West of Ireland Makers:
- Martin Gallagher Furniture is having an Etsy Cyber Sale with 10% off selected items from Nov 20th. etsy.com/ie/shop/MartinGallagher
Pamper Yourself with the best of the West of Ireland Beauty Brands
- Voya: From Friday at Midnight: 15% off one product, 20% off two products, 25% off three products +(excluding seaweed bath vouchers and products already in a discounted bundle) voya.ie
- Kinvara Skincare – Award-winning, Galway based skincare company is offering 20% off until Friday kinvaraskincare.com
- Donegal toy company Lottie Dolls is offering up to 50% off their brilliant dolls online until 26 Nov. ie.lottie.com
Sort your Christmas List
- County Mayo online retailer Carraig Donn is running a full week of special discounts for its online store. They’re offering 20% off for Black Week and have a daily online special. Don’t say we didn’t tell you! carraigdonn.com
- Sligo clothing bricks-and-clicks retailer FTK Clothing is offering 20% off everything in store and online and some special deals with up to 60% off items. They have a physical store on Wine St in Sligo. www.ftkclothing.com
- Cait & I: Using the #GreenFriday hashtag on social media, the Sligo design and craft shop Cait & I is encouraging local shoppers to support their local independent businesses between this Friday and Christmas, considered by most to be the busiest shopping season of the year. Cait & I offering 15% off online sales on our website at www.caitandi.com as well as selected discounts off in-store in their shop on Market Street in Sligo town. caitandi.com
- Shells Café: This Friday 23 November Shells Cafe and Little Shop in Strandhill, Co Sligo is encouraging customers to shop green, Shop local and shop with your heart. They are not promoting Black Friday & excess but are ‘trying to encourage people to rethink how we live and shop’. They have 15% off all Keep Cups & Chilly Bottles on Friday 23 November. shellscafe.com