The WDC along with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland, were tasked to ‘complete a regional renewable energy analysis on the use of biomass as a local contribution to the national renewable heat target and develop a range of actions to support the development of renewable energy in the region’.
• Mapping biomass installations already in usage
• Assessing the biomass feedstock supply available to the region
• Identifying potential future biomass heat demand and use
• Recommending the next steps in the development of biomass heat in the region
In line with this research the Western Development Commission is now undertaking a survey of current and potential biomass use in the Western Region. This will inform how we support and develop biomass use in this region. We are keen to understand more about how you operate your heating systems, any plans you have for further biomass investment or use and your general views on biomass.
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence.
This is timely in the light of the proposed Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), that the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment (DCCAE) propose to introduce. The Incentive will:
• Offer payments based on metered renewable heat output (€/MWh).
• Be paid for a 15 year period
• Eligible only to newly installed biomass systems (and other renewable heat technologies)
• Make biomass heat an attractive proposition compared to fossil fuel heating
Your support in this survey will be greatly appreciated and will help us develop the biomass sector in the Western Region, supporting jobs and growing our low carbon economy.
WDC and biomass specialists Reheat are managing this survey.
and or contact either Clodagh or Steve
with any questions directly:
More details can be found by clicking here.