Where to work?
With immediate access to Ireland’s second largest airport and its main transatlantic route, Clare and the Shannon region has been a real business success story for many years. Many major names in the technology and engineering sectors have made Clare a base for their operations and these include Intel, Lufthansa Technik.
International companies also based here include; Beckman Coulter, Roche Ireland, GE Capital, Schwarz Pharma, GECAS, Magellan Aviation, Avocent, Digital River, Element Six and Molex to name but a few. Access to excellent infrastructure and its location next to Limerick city ensures first–class graduates from local third level centres.
With a busy rail station in Ennis and an international airport in Shannon it’s well served in transport terms. The M7 motorway that connects Limerick to Dublin means that Clare can be reached in just two hours from Dublin.
- Ennis – the county capital is bursting with energy. ‘As the capital of a renowned music county, Ennis is bursting at the seams with pubs featuring live sessions almost every night of the week. In fact “it’s one of the best reasons to stay here’ – Lonely Planet
- Loop Head was named Irish Times ‘Best Place to Holiday’ in 2013 and the only Irish destination to be named in the inaugural Sustainable Destinations Global Top 100 in 2014. Take a look at the Irish Times snapshot of Loop Head featured in this video.
Hang Out At:
- ‘The Farmyard in Corofin. The tea room is beautiful and scones delicious!’ – Annette Ward
- ‘Dinner at Morrisey’s in Doonbeg’ – Karen McInnerney
- ‘A great place to eat for something different is Oh LA LA Creperie in Ennistymon. It is owned by a French girl & she makes the most incredible Buckwheat Breton Style Crepes. Good coffee too!’ https://www.facebook.com/ohlalacreperie/
Festivals & Events: