The West of Ireland inspires imaginations, soothes souls and ignites creativity more than any part of Ireland.
Winter or summer, pounding rain or glorious sunshine, the West of Ireland is the most awe inspiring place we can think of in the world.
Don’t take our word for it though. See it for yourself. We think these twenty photos give you just a little taste of why the West is best.
1. We have beaches like this
2. The BEST natural swimming pools like Poll na bPéist on Inis Mór
3. We have the best driving routes
4. We have yoga studios with views like this
5. Of course you know we have some of the the best surf waves in the world
6. We live on the edge; the ocean surrounds us and inspires us
7. Some of the coastal landscapes are too beautiful to describe
8. Of course being on the West coast, we get the best sunsets in Europe!
9. And then there are the lakes
10. You can see the Northern Lights in Donegal
11. Take that M50 – our traffic jams are much more craic
12. There are restaurants like this
13. Of course there are the majestic Cliffs of Moher
14. But we have Slieve League too.
15. You can get lost in the wild
16. You can wave watch like this
17. You can go off the grid
18. We have a Gaelic Chieftain!
19. Did we mention the beaches?
20. And you can hang out in places like this.
So make it your business to be in the West this year.
Image Credits: All photos via Irelands Content Pool unless otherwise specified in the image caption.